Ruag Space in Zuerich (CH)
Non Destructive Inspection:
This automated 10-axis scanner supports the NDI specialists by performing non-destructive inspection of launcher payload-fairings and interstage-adapters using air-coupled ultrasonic through-transmission technology. The result is a C-Scan image of the part, allowing convenient and reliable detection of defects within the part. This machine was developed together with RUAG Space, Eugen Ostertag, Ing.-Buero Dr. Hillger and Robo-Technology.
- Air coupled ultrasonic through transmission, no coupling water needed
- Fully automated scanning of curved and complex shaped spacecraft parts
- Large scan volume of nearly 60 m³
- Laser guided trajectory adaption for highest positioning accuracy in respect to the actual part
- Multiple collision detection and avoidance systems